I am going to be traveling over the next two and a half weeks (keep an eye out for photos on our Instagram account) so Annie and I thought we would share some of our travel tips.
Essentials for your trip
- Adaptors for international travel
- Currency for international travel
- Passport or ID Card
- Call your Credit card company to let them know that you are going on a trip because they can stop your card thinking it’s a fraudulent charge (international travel).
- Call your phone company to see what plans they have for international travel.
- Print any tour information you have signed up for
- Make a copy of your passport or ID and credit cards in case of emergency.
- Put a hold on your mail
- Addresses of your destinations
- Pack light
- Bring comfortable walking shoes
- Plastic bags for laundry
- Phone chargers
- Never forget an umbrella, been there not fun
- Pack for the weather (if summer – you might want to take your sunscreen and sunglasses with you)
- Hygiene products
- Pack accordingly to your trip (active or not so much)
- Pack medications if needed
Tips for the Plane
- Reading material
- Light layer because the plane is always chilly and they can run out of blankets
- Sleep mask
- Maybe a neck pillow
- Change of clothes (you never know if your baggage gets lost)
- Empty water bottle
- Wipes or hand sanitizers
Once you’re at your location(s)
- Put important documents in the safe in your hotel room
- Always be aware of your surroundings
- Use dream water or natural sleep aids to help with jet lag
- Know some basic etiquette about the country you’re traveling to
Last but not least have a great time!
Katie & Annie